Vice President of Economic Development
Website Cary Chamber of Commerce
Location: Cary, NC
Position: Vice President of Economic Development
BRIEF JOB OVERVIEW:
The VP of Economic Development will function as a full-time primary Chamber liaison providing coordination and comprehensive services to the business community. The individual will coordinate and manage multiple projects of varying size and scope on topics concerning Cary’s economy. The VP of Economic Development is expected to develop and maintain partnerships within the region, support strategic planning efforts, and work effectively with other community partners.
· Develop, monitor, and evaluate the business plan of the Economic Development program of the Cary Chamber of Commerce.
· Develop and implement strategies for business enhancement, business retention and business expansion.
· Identify trends within our local economy.
· Monitor and track local, state, and federal unemployment data.
· Work closely with local businesses and recruit potential business.
· Assist in revitalizing downtown.
· Identify industry sector targets.
· Respond to inquiries regarding economic data, trends, and resources such as industrial and commercial development opportunities.
· Develop and implement a marketing program.
· Prepare and maintain demographic, market, and real estate database of land and buildings.
· Maintain a database of accolades and awards for Cary and MSA.
· Coordinate the development of marketing materials.
· Make presentations to our businesses, partnerships in the region, and community groups.
· Coordinate the preparation/implementation of special projects.
· Write monthly reports for the Cary Chamber of Commerce and quarterly reports for the Town of Cary Economic Development Commission.
· May coordinate special events for the business community.
· Other duties as assigned by the Chamber President.
Education / Experience
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge and skills necessary to satisfactory job performance would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skills would be: A Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Economics, Business Administration or a related field, with a minimum (5) or more years of professional level experience and (7 – 10) years preferred in economic or community development, business administration or closely related field.
Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and desirable supporting documents via email to Mark Lawson at MLawson@carychamber.com
To apply for this job email your details to MLawson@carychamber.com