Overview & Benefits
NCEDA publications and resources keep members informed and engaged:
- Developments, NCEDA’s monthly newsletter covers trends, legislative issues, job listings and new investments across the state.
- www.nceda.org, NCEDA’s Web site, provides information and links to members, resources and professional development opportunities.
- NCEDA Membership Directory, published annually, searchable by category and updated online throughout year, lists economic development professionals and allies across the state.
Examine issues and exchange ideas
NCEDA events promote professional development and networking:
- Three annual conferences offer workshops, panels and presentations on critical issues developers face.
- Professional development seminars provide one-day intensive sessions on specific topics.
- Networking lunches offer perspective on critical issues and opportunity for member engagement with business and government leaders.
Learn and earn
NCEDA scholarships, awarded annually, support the professional growth of outstanding practitioners:
- Dan Stewart Scholarship provides tuition for the basic economic development course at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, a must-attend program for newcomers to the field.
- Jack Ervin Scholarship provides tuition to the Economic Development Institute (EDI), the premier continuing education program for economic development professionals.
- Gov. James E. Holshouser Professional Development Scholarship provides general support toward the cost of EDI.
Make a connection
NCEDA offers diverse and powerful networking opportunities – receptions, informal breakfast gatherings, golf tournaments, luncheons and recreational outings.
Ensure effective public policy
Join your voice with that of economic developers statewide to shape legislative action and public policy that gives North Carolina a competitive edge.