Director of Strategic Partnerships
Website Fayetteville Cumberland Economic Development Corporation
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Position: Director of Strategic Partnerships
BRIEF JOB OVERVIEW:
Under general direction of the President & CEO and Executive VP, this position is primarily responsible for reinforcing and expanding FCEDC’s network of relationships with existing industry, private sector investors, and key stakeholders. This position will lead the development of new programming, events, and other aligned activities, designed to enhance the vitality of Cumberland County’s existing industries and to increase private sector financial support for economic development activities. This position will also directly engage industry groups including the Plant Managers Association (PMA), Transportation and Logistics Committee, and Business Advisory Council (BAC). Salary Range is $50,000-$75,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Engagement of Business & Industry
• Maintains close contact with industry and key businesses to assist in all issues, facilitates solutions, and builds collaborative partnerships.
• Conducts on-site visits with private sector employers to gain a deeper understanding of local industry issues, trends, and needs.
• Represents FCEDC at key community functions for the purpose of sharing the FCEDC story and recent successes with funding partners, key stakeholders, and potential BAC Members.
• Serves as key staff support for industry appreciation events and announcements.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with key contacts in local private and public entities.
• Promote FCEDC initiatives and accomplishments throughout the region. Contacts include corporate executives as well as elected and appointed government officials and their professional staff, educational institutions, professional business associations, and other similarly aligned community and business development organizations.
• Responsible for supporting all elements of the public sector funding support base.
• The director will work to identify, attract, and retain private corporations as financial supporters of the BAC.
• Develops, manages, and coordinates FCEDC signature events for the purpose of advancing the organization’s mission of growing the local economy.
This position works as part of a collaborative team but currently has no direct reports.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation).
• High level of business acumen and organizational skills.
• Proven track record of exceptional customer service.
• Ability to work both independently and on diverse and dynamic teams.
• Proficiency in all MS office programs and experience in using a CRM system.
• Significant experience in event planning and fund development.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business (economics, finance, real estate, business administration, marketing, communications, etc.), or five years’ work experience in economic development or a related field. FCEDC will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interested persons must submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCEDC is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com