Director of Existing Industry
Website Fayetteville Cumberland County Economic Development Corporation
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Position: Director of Existing Industry
Under general direction of the Executive Vice President, this position is primarily responsible for overseeing the health and vitality of existing industry in Cumberland County and assisting with growth and expansion opportunities; providing administrative support to various industry groups, including the Plant Managers Association and Transportation and Logistics Committee; and assisting in the recruitment of new industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Retention & Expansion of Business & Industry
• Maintains close contact with industry and key businesses to assist in all issues, facilitates solutions and supports these important assets.
• Retention: Conducts on-site industry visits and assists industries with any issues that may arise. Creates and conducts business retention surveys to determine satisfaction with local services, identify potential issues of concern, and gain a deeper understanding of local industry issues, trends, and needs.
• Expansion: Assists industries with expansion projects and serves as the primary resource for all assistance regarding expansions.
• Existing Industry Software: Ensures that during each industry / plant visit, surveys are completed. Staff will be able to develop reports in Product/Service, Market, Industry, Management, Workforce, Technology, Utility Services, and Community Services.
• Produces and delivers existing industry report to the Board of Directors monthly.
• Works with existing industries on tax credits and incentives in coordination with the President/CEO.
• Serves as key staff support for industry appreciation events and announcements.
• Provides direct support to the senior leadership.
• Works with clients seeking potential sites in the Cumberland County area. Shows buildings and sites to the clients and has the pertinent knowledge related to the client’s needs.
• Works with local real estate agents and brokers, landowners, and building owners to maintain an accurate and precise inventory of available buildings and sites.
• Existing Industry Committees as applicable, including the Plant Managers Association.
This position works as part of a collaborative team but currently has no direct reports.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• High level of business acumen and organizational skills.
• Proven track record of exceptional customer service.
• Ability to work both independently and on diverse and dynamic teams.
• Proficiency in all MS office programs and experience in using a CRM system.
• Ability to travel locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business (economics, finance, real estate, business administration), or five years’ work experience in economic development or a related field. FCEDC will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a letter of interest and resume. The position will remain open until filled, with an initial review of applications occurring on November 22, 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com